Selection for the Hong Kong Tag World Cup 2018 team is underway.
On Sunday 17 June, HKTag will hold the first official trials for Hong Kong eligible players* for the 2018 Tag World Cup. This trial session will start at 8pm, on Happy Valley Pitch 6.
The Tag 2018 World Cup takes place 1 – 4 November 2018 in Coffs Harbour, Australia. An anticipated 190 teams will represent more than 30 countries, bringing together more than 3,800 players and officials. HKTag is putting together its first ever international squad which will feature a mixed team of male and female players.
Tag 2018 World Cup
- October 31: Registration
- November 1, 18.00: Opening Ceremony
- November 2, 19.30 – late: Day 1 Pool Play Time
- November 3, 9.00 – 21.30: Day 2 Pool Play Time
- November 4, 9.00 – 17.30: Finals Day
Interested in playing internationals?
If you have the right to play for Hong Kong, you could be coming to Coffs Harbour! Just come along to one of the HKTag World Cup Trial sessions – the first one takes place on Sunday 17 June at Happy Valley Pitch 6 from 8pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or just ask us on the day.
A player is eligible to play Internationals for:-
- the country in which they were born;
- the country in which either of their parents or any of their grandparents were born;
- the country which has been their principal place of residence for a period of three years up to the date of his/her selection. Must have been present in that country for nine months in any period of twelve months during the three years up to the date of their selection.